In the wake of the pandemic, the world of work underwent a monumental shift. Remote work became the norm, video conferencing platforms like Zoom became household names, and terms like "Zoom fatigue" entered our vocabulary.
However, as the landscape of work continues to evolve, even the pioneers of remote work, like Zoom, are reevaluating their strategies. According to a recent article by the New York Times, Zoom has decided to pivot towards a structured hybrid work model, mandating many of its employees to return to the office at least part-time.
"I think hybrid work is going to stay." - Eric Yuan, CEO, Zoom
While many employees are unhappy with the shift, this move by Zoom signifies a broader trend among tech companies and acknowledges that while remote work brought newfound flexibility, it also posed certain limitations.
One of the primary challenges that emerged was the need for effective collaboration and communication among team members, regardless of their physical location.
This is where solutions like ThinkHub visual collaboration software come into play.
ThinkHub is a powerful tool for hybrid teams and spaces – designed to bridge the gap between the in-room and remote work experience through:
- Interoperability across Zoom, MS Teams, Webex, Google Meet
- Live content sharing and co-editing, regardless of device or location – collaborators can participate in-office from the ThinkHub Room and/or from their laptops with ThinkHub Cloud
- Interactive Canvases that support asynchronous and synchronous collaboration – and can saved or resumed at any time
- Efficient workflows and productivity among teams and across departments
- Presentations for hybrid audiences – reducing travel and logistics headaches
- Massive digital Canvases to visualize all types of content, from file-based to web-based
- Integration with productivity tools like, Google Workspace, O365, Box, Jira, YouTube, and more
At the end of the day, the tech industry's shift toward a structured hybrid work model shows the need for balance between remote and in-person work – meaning collaboration solutions like ThinkHub will become more important than ever before.
By fostering engagement, interactivity, and productivity in both physical and virtual meeting spaces, ThinkHub empowers organizations to thrive in this new era of work.
To learn more about how ThinkHub can support your hybrid teams as they return to the office, book a demo with a T1V team member today.